[OPLINLIST] Outreach/Home Delivery Policy

Susan Titkemeier stitkemeier at marionlibrary.org
Wed Sep 20 09:55:27 EDT 2023

Hello,

We are looking to update our outreach / home delivery policy. I am wondering if anyone has a policy they are willing to share?  I am looking for general policies, as well as ones that specifically address in writing how to handle when materials come back with bugs and/or other contaminates. Do we suspend delivery services to patrons until they are able to prove their bug issue is resolved, or do we just continue to lend items to patrons with known issues?

Also, has anyone used a bed bug sniffing dog service? I'm curious if you found they were effective in detecting bed bugs in your building.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Susan Titkemeier
Information Services Manager
Marion Public Library