[OPLINLIST] OPLIN Omnibus Branch RFP/470 - Year Two

Don Yarman don at oplin.ohio.gov
Mon Sep 25 17:06:08 EDT 2023

Last year, OPLIN released its first statewide, competitive bidding
opportunity for broadband vendors to provide quotes for library branch
circuits. By issuing a statewide RFP through the E-rate system, OPLIN was
able to draw more vendor attention (and better pricing) than libraries have
seen acting on their own.

Based on last year's success, we are doing it again.

If you are seeking better speeds or prices for your library branch
connections, visit https://oplin.ohio.gov/branch470, where you'll find a
simple form to get started. Filling out the form does not obligate you to
follow through on a contract.

There's a link from the form page to a 4-minute video explanation
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFqcFqLVTHQ> with a little more detail.
Every situation is a little bit different, though, so we're happy to answer
questions and talk to you about your local scenario. Feel free to reach out
to me directly, or email branch470 at oplin.ohio.gov.

                    Don Yarman (he/him/his)
                    Director, Ohio Public Library Information Network
                    2323 W Fifth Ave Suite 130, Columbus OH 43204
                    don at oplin.ohio.gov | 614.728.5250