[OPLINLIST] Button Maker Recommendations

CJ Lynce CJ.Lynce at westlakelibrary.org
Mon Apr 22 10:08:37 EDT 2024

Our library’s maker space has a Tecre 2.25” button maker. Very heavy duty, easy to learn. I’ve seen patrons churn out 200 buttons an hour once in the groove.

I’ve been using Tecre button makers for around 10 years in various capacities and they are more than durable. In fact, we accidentally found one day that a drop off a 30” table fixed a button jam and did nothing to the machine! 2.25” seems to be the most common and popular size. 1” buttons were popular as ‘flair’ a few years back, and 3” to 4” Photo buttons are also popular with patrons.

My understanding is that American Button Machines and Tecre button makers are the same machine, just branded differently.

Hope this helps!

--
CJ Lynce
Assistant Director