[OPLINLIST] Homeless storage lockers

Cathy Reid creid at ccplohio.org
Tue Feb 27 15:55:49 EST 2024

Hello,

I'm new here, so forgive me if I'm a bit awkward.

My library just formed a homeless coalition headed by our Patron Advocate (similar to a social worker). We're looking into providing storage lockers or bins so our unhoused patrons could have a place to store some of their belongings during the day. We've had patrons bring large blankets, comforters, and multiple bags into the building and leave them in some of the more hidden areas of our building. We'd like to try to provide someplace where they can store these things when they come inside. Do any of you have experience with something like this? We're at the beginning stages of research so any help would be greatly appreciated. We're looking for information on guidelines and policies regarding the lockers, liability issues, staffing issues, etc. I've done some looking online, and so far, haven't found any libraries that provide this service, although some communities have storage options for these folks. Any information would help us!

Thank you,

Cathy Reid, MLS
Reference Librarian
She/Her/Hers
Clark County Public Library
201 S. Fountain Ave.
Springfield, OH 45506
937-328-6903
creid at ccplohio.org
www.ccplohio.org<http://www.ccplohio.org>

[cid:947fea77-299e-4882-9d1b-640055d4f0e9]
​