[OPLINLIST] Power Up Conference 2024 A Leadership Conference for Youth Services Managers & Staff

UW iSchool CE ce-info at ischool.wisc.edu
Mon Jan 22 14:32:45 EST 2024

Power Up Conference 2024<https://ischool.wisc.edu/continuing-education/power-up/2024-power-up/>

A Leadership Conference for Youth Services Managers & Staff

March 21 - 22, 2024, Madison, WI

Register Today!<https://ischool.wisc.edu/continuing-education/power-up/2024-power-up/power-up-2024-registration/>

[cid:9aa26393-df02-487e-9aee-272f4a51c02e]

Power Up brings together youth services librarians and staff from public libraries, schools, after-school programs, museums, and other community partners. This year our opening keynote will be Past President of ALSC and REFORMA and award-winning author Lucia Gonzalez. Closing out the conference will be Mimi Ito, author of eight books, including Hanging Out, Messing Around, and Geeking Out: Youth Living and Learning with New Media. You can take a look at the full line-up of sessions here<https://uwpowerup2024.sched.com/>.

In addition to the great sessions happening during the conference there are also two post-conference workshops offered on Friday afternoon.

  *   Taking a Stand for True Play<https://ischool.wisc.edu/continuing-education/power-up/2024-power-up/power-up-2024-post-conference-workshops/> with Carissa Christner, Madison Public Library
  *   Materials Challenge Readiness<https://ischool.wisc.edu/continuing-education/power-up/2024-power-up/power-up-2024-post-conference-workshops/> with Megan Schliesman and Tessa Michaelson Schmidt, Cooperative Children’s Book Center (CCBC)

Post-Conference Workshops

Materials Challenge Readiness
with Megan Schliesman and Tessa Michaelson Schmidt, Cooperative Children’s Book Center (CCBC)
Friday, March 22, 1:30-4:00 pm
at Cooperative Children’s Book Center (CCBC)

We’ll walk through ways to be prepared for and respond to concerns and challenges in this workshop that will provide opportunities to acknowledge and then decenter fear in order to focus on the reasons why libraries do what they do when it comes to providing community members with diverse materials and a wide range of choices. We encourage all participants to review their library’s mission and selection and reconsideration policy and related procedures in advance.

Taking a Stand for True Play
with Carissa Christner, Madison Public Library
Friday, March 22, 2:00-4:00 pm
at Madison Public Library

Would you like to reduce the amount of time spent planning programs for children AND increase the positive outcomes for participants? In this workshop, we will be discussing the various ways that Madison Public Library has embraced the Anji Play approach since 2016 and the benefits for staff, patrons and outreach partners. The workshop will include a tour of the Central Library children’s area play spaces as well as an opportunity for adult play during the workshop, so be sure to wear comfortable shoes!

Questions? Email ce-info at ischool.wisc.edu