[OPLINLIST] OhioNet May Events Digest

Lisa Witmer lisaw at ohionet.org
Thu May 2 12:10:16 EDT 2024

Upcoming OhioNet Events-

Coming up soon: Exploring Authority Records on Thursday, 5/16!

In past cataloging trainings, our instructors have demonstrated how to search for authority records. In this webinar, attendees will discuss the two main types of authority files: subject authorities and name authorities. We’ll explore the elements of authority records, as well as methods and timelines for adding or editing shared authority records.

Learn more & register!<https://www.ohionet.org/event/exploring-authority-records-2>

Register now for Beyond Business: How to Lead a Trauma-Informed Supervision Meeting on 5/23

One-on-one supervision meetings or check-ins are an integral part of any healthy supervisor-employee relationship. In this training session, we’ll discuss the difference between supervision meetings and staff counseling sessions, and how to conduct both from a trauma-informed, empathetic perspective.

Learn more & register!<https://www.ohionet.org/event/beyond-business-how-to-lead-a-trauma-informed-supervision-meeting>

Digitization Basics 102: Intermediate Scanning and Metadata

Webinar

May 9, 2024, 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm  |  $15.00 (Member) / $45.00 (Non-Member)

Digitization Basics 102 expands on the basics presented in Digitization Basics 101 and focuses on technical specifications for scanning, using open-book scanners, and more complex metadata fields.

Learn more & register!<https://www.ohionet.org/event/digitization-basics-102-intermediate-scanning-and-metadata>

Together We Thrive: Virtual Dream Summit (5/22)

Live Learning Event

May 22, 2024, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm  |  Free!

Join us on May 22 for one of two interactive virtual summits as we delve into and explore the findings from the OhioNet Anti-Racism, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion assessment and build on the outcomes of the in-person Dream Summit held on May 10. Together, participants will learn what meaningfully contributes to fostering inclusive libraries, while actively engaging in activities that collectively chart a course for meaningful action.

Learn more & register!<https://www.ohionet.org/event/together-we-thrive-virtual-dream-summit-may-22>

LibraryAware Overview for OhioNet Libraries

Product Demo

Jun 4, 2024, 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm  |  Free!

New to LibraryAware, or maybe you haven’t looked at it in a while? Want to know what’s new and what’s coming soon? Join LibraryAware expert Caleigh Haworth for this overview of how LibraryAware helps connect patrons to your resources through email, social media, your website, print, and more.

Learn more & register!<https://www.ohionet.org/event/libraryaware-overview-for-ohionet-libraries>

Need help or have questions? We're happy to help! Reach out to our team at ohionet at ohionet.org<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org?subject=>.