[OPLINLIST] Call for nominations to the NOTSL Board!

Maurer, Margaret mbmaurer at kent.edu
Mon May 6 16:13:20 EDT 2024

Dear Ohio Technical Services Community:

NOTSL is an organization that is completely dedicated to providing continuing educational opportunities for Technical Services Librarians and staff. We do this by offering 2 programs a year and then using any profits to provide scholarships to Technical Services librarians, staff and students so that they can earn their degree or attend conferences and training.

A week from Friday at the upcoming NOTSL meeting, members will be asked to vote for a new slate of officers that will take place immediately. And not enough of you have been willing (so far) to run for office.

Many of us are overextended as our jobs have expanded to replace lost colleagues. And our administrators sometimes don't want us to focus on professional opportunities outside of our jobs.

But NOTSL depends upon the volunteerism of its members to survive and to thrive – which only benefits us all. The board no longer meets in person (all meetings are virtual), and one of our programs is virtual, so there is now very little travel involved.  Most business is handled through email and phone. Some of the jobs have significantly less responsibility than others. AND the NOTSL Board has always been one of my favorite teams to work with because everyone is so cooperatively focused on how to benefit the organization and its membership. Participation on the NOTSL Board also helps you build your professional network.

Please consider volunteering to run for NOTSL office by contacting Frank Bove as below.

Thank you.

Margaret Maurer
Associate Professor Emerita
Kent State University