[OPLINTECH] CIPA Compliance:

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Tue Nov 9 11:51:20 EST 2010

I use the IPCop DansGuardian add-on for all of my CIPA libraries. Very
configurable; very effective. You don't have to have IPCop to use
DansGuardian, of course. I just do it because that way because it fits
perfectly/easily into the network perimeter firewall solution (IPCop),
which uses squid to cache HTTP requests. Since it sits at the network
perimeter firewall, it (squid) caches all HTTP requests, be they from
the private staff network, the library's wired network for patron
computers, or the open wireless network. It (DansGuardian) also then
content filters all three segments as well. That eliminates the problem
of patrons using their own laptops to view inappropriate content and
also allows them to benefit from the caching.

/Full LAN/WAN consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and schools/