[OPLINTECH] Public wireless access

Shivelri@OPLIN.org shivelri at oplin.org
Mon Apr 18 11:51:47 EDT 2011

Is anyone using ValuePoint Gateway Controller NIC-3550's to authenticate wireless patron access via a Polaris WAM Radius server?

The problem I'm having is we want to authenticate using only a patron Barcode but it seems that the ValuePoint gateway requires both username and password for it's login cgi. Has anyone else dealt with this issue? If so I'd appreciate the assist.

PS
Our current setup, with linksys gateways, only requires the patron barcode for authentication.

Richard Shively
Network Administrator
Greene County Public Library