[OPLINTECH] installing fonts

slewis at worthingtonlibraries.org slewis at worthingtonlibraries.org
Wed May 9 08:23:08 EDT 2018

I have a batch file that gives Everyone Full Control permissions to the fonts folder and fonts registry key using free command-line utility SetACL.exe:<https://helgeklein.com/setacl/>

echo Giving Permissions to Fonts folder...
attrib –r –s c:\windows\fonts"
"SetACL.exe" -on "C:\Windows\Fonts" -ot file -actn ace -ace "n:Everyone;p:full"

echo Giving Permissions to Fonts registry key....
"SetACL.exe" -on "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts" -ot reg -actn ace -ace "n:Everyone;p:full"

In some instances, I needed to also disable User Account Control (UAC):

REM echo Disabling UAC...
REM %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

You could also, of course, use a group other than Everyone to be a bit more restrictive. We run this script on the machines used by our Community Relations department as well as the public-facing Digital Media machines.

Sam Lewis
Assistant Network Administrator

[all-time_all-star]
www.worthingtonlibraries.org<http://www.worthingtonlibraries.org/>