[OPLINTECH] Hotspot Management

Jessica Dooley jessica at oplin.ohio.gov
Thu Aug 25 14:13:59 EDT 2022

Hi Joe,

Just information sharing, not a recommendation - I have no experience with
this product.

Kajeet offers a managed hotspot service called Smartspot, including
multiple carriers. Hotspots are enrolled in their Sentinel management tool,
including a web portal that promises libraries "real time device and data
management." Most of their language is designed around selling to schools
for at-home learning, but they also sell to libraries.
https://www.kajeet.net/solutions/distance-learning/smartspots/

I'd be interested to hear if any libraries have used this vendor, and what
you found!

Jessica D. Dooley (she/her)
Technology Project Manager
Ohio Public Library Information Network