[OPLINTECH] Getting educational status from Microsoft

Amy Deuble adeuble at marionlibrary.org
Mon Jul 18 11:17:40 EDT 2022

I have been trying unsuccessfully to get Microsoft to approve our library for educational status. We've been approved for nonprofit, but our request for educational status has been pending since April. I called Microsoft support and was told public libraries are nonprofit and not educational and yet both Techsoup and other reliable sources have told me that public libraries have qualified for educational status and that Microsoft itself decided to make the change to educational status for all public libraries.

Any advice on how to proceed?

Amy Deuble
Marion Public Library
Marion, Ohio