[OPLINTECH] Acronis backup solution

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Wed Dec 27 13:58:38 EST 2023

Can't speak to Acronis, but since people are tossing out their own
suggestions too...

If you want a completely free peer-supported open source solution using
hardware you provide yourself, UrBackup does file and/or image (bare metal
restore) backups. (I just run it on an otherwise decommissioned ~10-12 year
old server platform that has a RAID storage subsystem with about 40TB
capacity using a set of newer HDDs.)

I've been using UrBackup for maybe ~10 years now to do nightly off-site
backups of servers and key workstations as a free service for the libraries
I work with. I make file backups of the linux servers and both file and
image backups of the Windows servers/computers. (The file backups make
restoring individual files easy and the image backups make restoring a
Windows OS easy.) Currently backing up around 60 servers with plenty of
capacity to spare.

2 cents

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in public libraries*