[OPLINTECH] No more Microsoft academic pricing for public libraries and museums

Phil Shirley pshirley at cuyahogafallslibrary.org
Thu Feb 2 11:56:13 EST 2023

Today we were starting to apply for an academic membership for Office 365 when Microsoft told us that as of this month Public Libraries and Museums aren't eligible any more for Academic Pricing. We will have to go the route of non-profit.

It looks to me, from a quick search, like the price might not be that different, though I think academic gets unlimited free licenses while nonprofit get zero free licenses. I'm not sure if there are any other differences.

Phil

Phil Shirley
IT Manager
Cuyahoga Falls Library
p. 330.928.2117 x109 e. pshirley at fallslibrary.org
w. fallslibrary.org a. 2015 Third Street, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
[cid:image007.png at 01D936FD.5C7CD150]<https://www.facebook.com/fallslibrary/>   [cid:image008.png at 01D936FD.5C7CD150] <https://twitter.com/FallsLibrary>    [cid:image009.png at 01D936FD.5C7CD150] <https://www.instagram.com/fallslibrary/>