[OPLINTECH] Policy on staff sharing Google files outside the library

Phil Shirley pshirley at cuyahogafallslibrary.org
Thu Jan 26 10:56:27 EST 2023

We use Google Workspace a little, and the question has come up about allowing staff to share documents with people outside the organization for the purpose of collaboration. I can see how this could be very useful, but I can also see how there could be some issues. The permission to do this is not enabled by default so it seems like it would be a good idea to give this some thought before enabling it.

Does your library allow staff to share things in their Google Drive with people outside the library?

Phil

Phil Shirley
IT Manager
Cuyahoga Falls Library
p. 330.928.2117 x109 e. pshirley at fallslibrary.org
w. fallslibrary.org a. 2015 Third Street, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
[cid:image001.png at 01D93174.D87D2DB0]<https://www.facebook.com/fallslibrary/>   [cid:image002.png at 01D93174.D87D2DB0] <https://twitter.com/FallsLibrary>    [cid:image003.png at 01D93174.D87D2DB0] <https://www.instagram.com/fallslibrary/>