[OPLINTECH] Pfsense 2.7

Ron Woods woodsro at stclibrary.org
Tue Jun 27 08:50:56 EDT 2023

Great insights Chad. thank you! Sounds like we have both been using Pfsense for awhile. I remember too when they were Electric Sheep Fencing. I don't have any major concerns this time around as Netgate has been really good with testing and bug fixing, especially on this release, they even purposely waited to bring 2.7 into RC until after BSDCan so they could clear a last few little details.

I, like you, will have a backup of the previous before upgrading my main, and then once i know the main is all working and everything is good, I will upgrade my backup and keep it in case of any failures.

I am also looking forward to the release as well.

In the release notes, it has quite a few fixes to Captive Portal. Hopefully these will be of use to your setups

https://docs.netgate.com/pfsense/en/latest/releases/2-7-0.html

Regards

Ron Woods
Computer Services Manager