[OPLINTECH] Point of sale software: MagnaPOS-L from TBS

Phil Shirley pshirley at cuyahogafallslibrary.org
Thu Mar 16 14:36:45 EDT 2023

We're looking at MagnaPOS-L from TBS. It's Windows software that interfaces with Sierra via API, with a credit card reader, and with a cash drawer. You can pull up a patron's record and choose one or more of their fines or other charges to pay, or choose other things to charge like things you might sell at the desk (flash drives, etc.), donations, etc. It can open the cash drawer (which is locked otherwise), and it can give you detailed reports of money taken in - my financial people really like that part.

Does anyone have experience with this, or with anything like it? (We haven't found anything else that interfaces with Sierra.)

Phil

Phil Shirley
IT Manager
Cuyahoga Falls Library
p. 330.928.2117 x109 e. pshirley at fallslibrary.org
w. fallslibrary.org a. 2015 Third Street, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
[cid:image001.png at 01D95814.DF6BE280]<https://www.facebook.com/fallslibrary/>   [cid:image002.png at 01D95814.DF6BE280] <https://twitter.com/FallsLibrary>    [cid:image003.png at 01D95814.DF6BE280] <https://www.instagram.com/fallslibrary/>