[OPLINTECH] Patron Computer Time Allotment

Hamman, Jeremy JHamman at gcpl.lib.oh.us
Wed Oct 11 13:48:02 EDT 2023

Good afternoon,

We are reviewing our computer time allotment now that we are post Covid and a lot of patrons are bringing their own devices.  Curious to what everyone's time allotments, extensions, and basic restrictions are on public computers? We are considering extending the default allotment to help with not seeing the alert and the computer rebooting on them working.

We use...
- 1 hour
- 15 min extra time increment
- Max time up to 4 hours extension
- Reboot if idle after 15 min
- Warnings at 10, 5, and 1 min
- offer guest pass, but can walk up and sign in with library card

Thanks,

Jeremy Hamman
Systems Manager
Greene County Public Library