[OPLINTECH] Photographic Archives

Tyson Horton tyson at mywcpl.org
Thu Feb 29 10:08:51 EST 2024

I was wondering if there were any libraries out there that have a local
history center that has created a digital photographic archive that patrons
can access to request copies of photos. If you have, what did you use and
how does the patron access it? We are currently just scanning photos and
the staff print a copy and put it into a file for the patron to leaf
through. We have so many photos that have been scanned and many more that
still need to be scanned and the amount of printing/toner usage is
astronomical! Since they are already scanning and have a digital copy of
the pictures, I think it would be more beneficial to just make those
digital copies available and we'd only be printing on demand. Just looking
for some guidance and recommendations.

Thanks,
Tyson Horton
IT Manager