[oplinwebkits] Beware phishing emails claiming copyright infringement

Laura Solomon laura at oplin.ohio.gov
Mon Nov 30 13:19:56 EST 2020

One of our libraries received a suspect email through its site's contact
form, claiming that the library had infringed on someone's copyright.
Fortunately, this library did a little research first, and found that this
can be a common scam.  They provided the link specific to the scam they
received:

https://www.sangfroidwebdesign.com/hack-prevention/phishing-alert-fake-email-claiming-copyright-infringement/

Only one library has received this so far (that I know of), but I just
wanted to give everyone a heads-up in case this turns up elsewhere.

Laura
--
*Laura Solomon,  MCIW, MLS*
*Library Services Manager,* Ohio Public Library Information Network (OPLIN)