[oplinwebkits] Site trouble

Laura Solomon laura at oplin.ohio.gov
Tue Sep 22 10:00:06 EDT 2020

Hi Misty,

I'm guessing you meant to send your original email to me directly, not to
the OPLIN Website Kits listserv? I'm answering via the listserv though, as
the answer to your question may help others as well in this particular case.

The Drupal 8 sites have additional caching enabled, which significantly
speeds up site delivery to end users. When you are logged in as an
administrator, you're seeing your changes in real time, with no caching.
However, anonymous (not-logged-in) users *do not*. They see a cached
version of your site, that is rebuilt approximately every 15 minutes or
so.  In other words, the site's data is re-indexed around 4 times per hour
for anonymous users, and they won't see changes until one of those rebuilds
happens.

If you need your changes to be visible to the public right this minute
(!!!), such as in the case of the "Emergency notice" content type, then
please use the "Rebuild cache" button in the administrative navigation bar
(black bar at the top). We don't recommend using this unless really needed,
though, as it slows the site down quite a lot while the cache is rebuilt
from scratch.

Misty--if this doesn't answer your question, please reach out to me
directly at laura at oplin.ohio.gov. It's very possible that you were seeing a
cached version of the full calendar (also possibly cached locally in your
computer's browser). I can help you narrow down the diagnosis.Thanks,

Laura

Laura

--
*Laura Solomon,  MCIW, MLS*
*Library Services Manager,* Ohio Public Library Information Network (OPLIN)