[oplinwebkits] IMPORTANT: Awareness off companies peddling accessibility services

Laura Solomon laura at oplin.ohio.gov
Tue May 10 06:27:44 EDT 2022

Hello all,

I've recently had several libraries contact me about at least one company
soliciting them directly for accessibility/ADA remediation services for the
libraries' websites.  The company is using a freely-available tool to
solicit business and is not providing anything special in the way of
evaluation. It's being used as a hook to potentially sell other
Drupal-related services as well.

If you are interested in continuing to keep your library's website as
accessible as possible (and we hope that you are!), here are some resources
you can use:

   - Order the #a11y module from the Module Market
   <https://www.oplin.ohio.gov/webkit/a11y>:  this is FREE! It helps you
   check for potential issues with the content your library creates. It does
   require a quick 30-minute training/walkthrough, but we don't charge you for
   that, either.
   - Watch a recording of our webinar Introduction to Website Accessibility
   <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6QtBIavDzE> to get a little more depth
   on what is web accessibility is and how it applies to libraries

Please don't hesitate if you have questions!

Laura
--
*Laura Solomon,  MCIW, MLS *(She/her)
*Library Services Manager,* Ohio Public Library Information Network (OPLIN)