[oplinwebkits] If your library uses the Flippingbook feature...

Laura Solomon laura at oplin.ohio.gov
Thu Oct 27 07:11:24 EDT 2022

***If you have comments about this info, please email me directly at
laura at oplin.ohio.gov <laura at oplin.ohio.gov>, not to the list***

Hello again,

You may remember this email from a couple of months ago. I want to thank
those of you who responded to me, and those who provided raw samples for me
to look at. Here's what I found out:

   1. It seems that some creation programs, such as InDesign and Constant
   Contact, provide the correct format by default, where it is a
   one-page-at-a-time layout.
   2. Microsoft Publisher can *also* do this layout, but it may not be by
   default.  Publisher also has a two-page layout, which is actually, by PDF
   printing standards, considered to be only one page.
   3. When using the Publisher layout which displays two pages, side by
   side, it cannot later be split into two individual pages (at least in what
   I could find/try). The pages have to be created individually, in a one-page
   layout, from the beginning.

I'm not sure how this might change any printing requirements for those
making print copies for patrons, but I figured I'd share my findings

Laura
--
*Laura Solomon,  MCIW, MLS *(She/her)
*Library Services Manager,* Ohio Public Library Information Network (OPLIN)