[Seo-circ] 1917 vs Revolution 1917

JMiley at library.ohio.gov JMiley at library.ohio.gov
Wed Jun 3 11:32:52 EDT 2020

Hello everyone,

It has been brought to our attention that there are two movies with similar titles in that catalog which may be causing some confusion when placing holds. Both titles were added in February 2020.

There is the movie 1917 (o1140197035 [DVD] & o1142685399 [BLU-RAY]) about World War I. This title is up for three Academy Awards and earned over 100 million at the box office. This title has over 500 holds and over 100 copies.

Revolution 1917 (o1137263869) was also released this year on DVD, but was originally released in Russia in 2016. There are only 3 copies of this title and 110 holds.

Please take the time to look at the hold list for Revolution 1917 and see if this is the title your users wanted.

Because of holds being at the GROUP level, viewing holds through Item Search and Display does not display all holds. The best method is to use the "Display Title Holds" wizard, search for the title, and then click the "Detailed Hold Count" helper.
[cid:image004.jpg at 01D6399A.B70C1EE0]
>From this wizard, you will be alter the pickup library to display your user holds.

Stay safe and healthy,

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D63997.98F5D160]

Jay Miley
Library Customer Services Manager, SEO Service Center
State Library of Ohio
40780 Marietta Road, Caldwell, Ohio 43724
Phone: 1-877-552-4262
Fax: 1-800-446-4804
servingeveryohioan.org