[Seo-circ] COVID-19 A La Cart Options

JMiley at library.ohio.gov JMiley at library.ohio.gov
Mon May 11 13:20:30 EDT 2020

Hello everyone,

During the past few weeks as libraries have prepared to re-open the SEO ILS and IT teams have created some customizations for our member libraries. We have compiled a list that other libraries may considering implementing.

Please complete this form to request any of these options.
https://servingeveryohioan.org/covid-19-a-la-carte-options/

Hold Shelf Phone List with All Users
Some libraries are opting to call their patrons with holds instead of having messages sent through e-mail or text. SEO staff can create a phone list for you that includes all users with holds (SMS, EMAIL, SMS_EMAIL), not just the ones who are notified by the STANDARD method.

Holds Reminder Notice
This is a one-time only report. SEO staff can send your users a list of items they currently have requested. The purpose of the report is to remind your users what they have on hold and to cancel items they might no longer need. The list will be sent to users with at least one hold and an e-mail address. You can opt to exclude certain user profiles, such as Homebound and Outreach users.
You can choose to have the following text on the report:

  *   Below are the items you have requested through your library. If you no longer want any of these items, please cancel your hold through "My Account" from the online catalog.
  *   Below are the items you have requested through your library. If you no longer want any of these items, please cancel your hold through "My Account" from the online catalog or contact your library.

Turn OnShelf List Early
If your location is marked as closed in WorkFlows, no items will be on your pull list. If you want to get a head start on pulling items, we can change this setting for you.

Limit Enterprise to Your Location by Default
The SEO IT team can update your Enterprise profile to only search your library system by default. If users want to place holds on items you do not own, they will need to change the Limit back to "Everything." This option will only be available when Priority Dispatch is not running. Once Priority begins to pickup and deliver materials, the Enterprise profile will be reverted to "Everything."
Example: http://ohio.ent.sirsi.net/client/tcp

Custom Enterprise Message
We can add a message to your Enterprise profile. Let us know what you want it to say! For example, you can alert your users that the library is open for curbside service or to call the library to schedule a pickup.

Remove Pickup Locations
If your library has multiple branches and not all branches have re-opened, we can remove the closed location. Just remember to let the SEO IT team know when to add it back.

Have a safe and healthy week,

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D62541.CBBFB990]

Jay Miley
Library Customer Services Manager, SEO Service Center
State Library of Ohio
40780 Marietta Road, Caldwell, Ohio 43724
Phone: 1-877-552-4262
Fax: 1-800-446-4804
servingeveryohioan.org