[SEO-Members] Chromebooks for Curbside Circulation

Matthew Kinsey matt at guernseycountylibrary.org
Tue Dec 1 11:53:08 EST 2020

Maria, We use the Google Admin Console to manage our 6 Chromebooks. This allows us to create a standard user profile or let patrons use their own Google credentials. When the due date arrives, we can disable the device remotely with a lock screen and a gentle reminder to please return the unit. Upon return, the Chromebook can be reset to a clean state. Admin Console also lets us prevent "power washing" or factory reset- as long as the device is provisioned with our organization, it will always "phone home" for a password. The hardest part of the whole process is ensuring internal communication so that I know when to switch a device on or off.

Matthew Kinsey

IT Coordinator

Guernsey County District Public Library

---- On Tue, 01 Dec 2020 11:45:09 -0500 Maria Wilburn <mwilburn at seolibraries.org> wrote ----

We want to circulate about a 6 small laptops/chromebooks for to the public. What are other libraries using and what kind of security and apps do they usually use with them?

Maria Wilburn-Technology Coordinator
Carnegie Public Library
127 S North St
Washington Court House, OH 43160