[SOA] Fwd: CO-ASIS&T USABILITY Presentation Dec 6

Janet Carleton carleton at ohio.edu
Sat Nov 12 12:15:28 EST 2005

Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:50:24 -0500
From: pfurney at columbuslibrary.org
Subject: CO-ASIS&T Presentation on December 6th

MAKE PLANS TO JOIN US ON TUESDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2005
FOR CO-ASIS&T'S FINAL PROGRAM THIS YEAR:

USABILITY TESTING

Featuring Mike Presse, Consulting User Interface Designer
for OCLC, Dublin, Ohio.

What have we learned from this developing science? Can we really
utilize it to better meet the needs or our customers? Come and tour
OCLC's state-of-the-art Usability Testing Lab, learn the basics of
usability testing and its importance for libraries and other
information management operations.

Presenter:
Mike Presse joined OCLC in 1985. He was a key member of the team that
established the OCLC Usability Lab in 1990, and has managed the lab
since its inception. He has conducted over 500 usability evaluations,
designed user interfaces for a number of OCLC products, and written
articles in the areas of user interface design and usability testing.
Prior to joining OCLC, Mike was a consultant to AT&T on user
interface design. He holds a B.A. in mathematics and psychology from
the University of Southern California and a Ph.D. in psychology from
The Ohio State University.

WHEN:  Tuesday, December 6, 2005
6:30 - 7:00 p.m.  Refreshments and Sign-In
7:00 - 8:00 p.m.  Usability Lab Tour, Presentation and Q&A
WHERE:  OCLC Kilgour Auditorium

*See location information and map at:
http://www.oclc.org/oclc/menu/to-airpt.htm

RSVP for this Free program with Patricia Furney at
pfurney at columbuslibrary.org, or by calling 361-3621.

Central Ohio Chapter of the American Society for
Information Science and Technology
http://www.asis.org/Chapters/coasis/coasishm.htm