[SOA] SOA Seeking Volunteers for 2006 Program Committee

Angela O'Neal aoneal at ohiohistory.org
Thu Nov 17 09:36:52 EST 2005

We need your help! Society of Ohio Archivists is looking for volunteers to serve on the program committee for the Spring Conference. The conference will be held in April (dates TBA) at the Ohio Historical Center in Columbus. We could use your help with the following:

Sponsorships- working with vendors to get financial and in-kind contributions

Advertising- writing messages for listservs and publications

Program- designing sessions of interest to SOA members, working with presenters

Local arrangements- arrangements for hotels, meeting rooms, meals, receptions and registrations

Tours- arranging tours of local archives and museums

This is a short-term commitment—after the conference wrap-up in May your service is complete. The time commitment between now and May varies, depending on your responsibilities as part of the committee. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the amount of time you would need to spend.

If you are interested in serving on the 2006 Program Committee, please contact me by Dec. 1.

Angela O’Neal, SOA Vice-President
Digital Projects Manager
Ohio Historical Society
1982 Velma Ave.
Columbus, OH 43211
(614) 297-2576

View our collections online:
African American Experience in Ohio (dbs.ohiohistory.org/africanam/)
Ohio Memory (www.ohiomemory.org)
Ohio Pix (www.ohiohistory.org/ohiopix)
War Gardens in Ohio (www.ohiohistory.org/garden)