[SOA] SOA spring conference and strategic planning

Angela O'Neal aoneal at ohiohistory.org
Mon May 12 21:52:25 EDT 2008

SOA Members,
Thank you again to those of you who participated in the 2008 annual meeting. The Program Committee did a great job of organizing the conference and making sure everything went smoothly. Special thanks to: Kim Brownlee, Judy Cobb, Patty Davis, Beth Kattelman and Erik Mayer. Thanks as well to Council and members who volunteered for shifts on the registration desk, as note-takers, and moderators, as well as our speakers, who delivered top-notch presentations throughout the conference.

We also greatly appreciate the work of participants in Thursday's SWOT analysis. The group identified several areas for the Society to focus on in our upcoming strategic planning initiative. Results are attached. Please stay tuned for information on the strategic planning committee.

Finally, if you are interested in getting involved in a committee, please let me know. Openings are available for the following committees: Archives Month; Education; Membership; Fall Program 2008; Spring Program 2009; and Web Site.

Angela

Angela O'Neal, SOA President
Digital Projects Manager
Ohio Historical Society
(614) 297-2576
www.ohiohistory.org/resource/archlib/ <http://www.ohiohistory.org/resource/archlib/>

Be Changed. Visit Capture the Moment: The Pulitzer Prize Photographs. Powerful images that have changed the way we think. Developed by the Newseum, the interactive museum of news, in association with Business of Entertainment, Inc. NYC, Cyma Rubin, curator, on exhibit at the Ohio Historical Center Museum in Columbus from April 25 through July 25, 2008. Visit www.ohiohistory.org/capture <https://mail.ohiohistory.org/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.ohiohistory.org/capture>   for details.

OHIO HISTORICAL SOCIETY
Connect with the past. Create a better future.