[SOA] NHPRC Conference Call on Detailed Processing Projects grants July 7

Janet Carleton carleton at ohio.edu
Sun Jun 28 17:11:20 EDT 2009

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Event: NHPRC Conference Call on Archives: Detailed Processing
Projects grants
Date: 	Fri, 26 Jun 2009 13:50:02 -0400
From: 	Lucy Barber <LUCY.BARBER at NARA.GOV>
To: 	EAD at LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

[excuse cross posting and note I am not the contact person]

The National Historical Publications and Records Commission staff will
hold a conference call on July 7, 2009, to answer questions about its
Archives: Detailed Processing Projects grants.

In brief, this grant supports detailed processing and preservation of
collections of national significance. The collections should also have
high research demand or substantial preservation challenges. Applicants
must have virtually all of their collections processed sufficiently so
that researchers can find them.

The full announcement is available on our website:
http://www.archives.gov/nhprc/announcement/detailed.html.  Applications
are due on October 6, 2009.  NHPRC staff will review drafts that are
submitted by August 3, 2009.

The conference call will begin on Tuesday, July 7 at 3:00 PM Eastern
Time and last one hour.  If you are interested in participating, please
send an email to Mahnaz Ghaznavi at mahnaz.ghaznavi at nara.gov
<mailto:mahnaz.ghaznavi at nara.gov>. She will send you the information on
how to participate.  We are limited to 25 participants in this call.  A
second call will be scheduled for later in July for those unable to
participate on July 7.

Please share this announcement with other appropriate individuals and
listservs.

Daniel Stokes
Director for State Programs
National Historical Publications and Records Commission
(202) 357-5487

Lucy Barber, Ph.D.
lucy.barber at nara.gov <mailto:lucy.barber at nara.gov>
202-357-5306,  fax: 202-357-5914
Deputy Executive Director
National Historical Publications and Records Commission
National Archives and Records Administration
700 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Rm 106
Washington, DC 20408-0001