[SOA] NHPRC Conference Call: Basic Projects grants - June 29

Janet Carleton carleton at ohio.edu
Fri Jun 19 11:35:47 EDT 2009

------------ Forwarded Message ------------
Date: Friday, June 19, 2009 10:16 AM -0500
From: mahnaz.ghaznavi at nara.gov
Subject: Event: NHPRC Conference Call on Archives: Basic Projects grants -
June 29

I am forwarding to the list this note on behalf of my colleague, Daniel
Stokes; we hope you are able to join us for the following event.

The National Historical Publications and Records Commission staff will hold
a conference call on June 29, 2009, to answer questions about its Archives:
Basic Projects grants.

In brief, the Commission developed this category because it is particularly
concerned that some historical collections in archives and repositories are
difficult for most researchers to find because they are not processed or
represented in national catalogs.  As a result, the Commission seeks
proposals for projects that support backlog processing and collections
cataloging, phased preservation, and/or collections development.

The full announcement is available on our website:
http://www.archives.gov/nhprc/announcement/basic.html.

Applications are due on October 6, 2009.  NHPRC staff will review drafts
that are submitted by August 3, 2009.

The conference call will begin on Monday, June 29 at 3:00 PM Eastern Time
and last one hour.	If you are interested in participating, please send an
email to Nathan Sowry at nathan.sowry at nara.gov. He will send you the
information on how to participate.  We are limited to 25 participants in
this call.  A second call will be scheduled for mid-July for those unable
to participate on June 29.

Please share this announcement with other appropriate individuals and
listservs.

Daniel Stokes
Director for State Programs
National Historical Publications and Records Commission
(202) 357-5487
daniel.stokes at nara.gov