[SOA] CCAHA debuts its online AV Media Preservation Video Series

Andrews, Kim Kandrews at ccaha.org
Tue Oct 27 10:13:02 EDT 2009

CCAHA DEBUTS ITS NEW ONLINE AV MEDIA PRESERVATION VIDEO SERIES
<http://www.ccaha.org/education/videos>

The Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts (CCAHA) premiered
its new audiovisual media preservation video series on October 27, 2009
to coincide with UNESCO's World Day for Audiovisual Heritage.  Based on
CCAHA's national professional development program A Race Against Time:
Preserving Our Audiovisual Media, this video series will provide an
ongoing web-based preservation resource to those who are responsible for
heritage audiovisual collections but were unable to attend the live
conferences.  The videos will be available for free on CCAHA's website
at http://www.ccaha.org/education/videos.

Preservation leaders George Blood, President, Safe Sound Archives,
Philadelphia, PA; Alan Lewis, Consultant in Audiovisual Archives,
Washington, DC; and Sarah Stauderman, Preservation Manager, Smithsonian
Institution Archives, Washington, DC; present timely and thorough
audiovisual media preservation information in the following video
segments:

*         Audiovisual preservation basics

*         Film Preservation

*         Audio Preservation

*         Video Preservation

*         Contracting for Reformatting

The entire A Race Against Time: Preserving Our Audiovisual Media video
series will be a permanent online resource available at
http://www.ccaha.org/education/videos after its October 27, 2009 debut.
These videos were made possible though funding from the Gladys Krieble
Delmas Foundation with additional support from the Institute for Museum
and Library Services (IMLS) and the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.  For
additional information, contact CCAHA at 215-545-0613 or email
pso at ccaha.org.

  <http://www.ccaha.org/>

KIM ANDREWS

Preservation Services Officer

264 S. 23RD STREET

PHILADELPHIA, PA  19103

t 215.545.0613  f 215.735.9313

e KANDREWS at CCAHA.ORG <mailto:KANDREWS at CCAHA.ORG>

www.ccaha.org <http://www.ccaha.org/>

Are you a member institution of the Conservation Center?  Click here
<http://www.ccaha.org/index.php/support/member>  to become a member and
take advantage of our great member benefits!