[SOA] Save the Date: Preserving Our Cultural Heritage 12/9

Janet Carleton carleton at ohio.edu
Wed Oct 28 18:52:59 EDT 2009

Preserving Our Cultural Heritage
Pallister Conference Room (1st Floor)

Jerome Library, Bowling Green State University

Bowling Green, OH 43403
December 9, 2009 7PM–8:30PM

The Ohio Preservation Council and the Intermuseum Conservation Association
jointly developed this statewide preservation outreach initiative. The
inaugural session was held in late 2008 at Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens in
Akron, OH. The 2009 session will be presented in northwest Ohio at Bowling
Green State University. Topics covered will include: a definition of
preservation; the difference between preservation and conservation;
appropriate types of supplies; disaster preparedness; print and online
resources; and strategies for preservation fundraising.  This program is
free and open to the public.

To ensure that we have adequate handouts, please RSVP to ICA Director of
Education Nicole Hayes by December 7, 2009.

Nicole M. Hayes

Director of Education and External Relations

Intermuseum Conservation Association

2915 Detroit Avenue

Cleveland, OH 44113

t: 216.658.8700  f: 216.658.8709