[SOA] OHS coverage in "In the Loop"

George Bain bain at ohio.edu
Tue Dec 14 12:40:38 EST 2010

Folks,
Here is a nice bit of information on things archival in Ohio in last week's
issue (Dec. 7) of SAA's weekly bulletin to members entitled "In the Loop":

advocacy

I Found It . . . at Ohio Historical Society
It's time to celebrate archives users! The Ohio Historical Society is
participating in SAA's I Found It in the Archives! campaign, which
encourages archives users to share their stories of discovery. From
tracking down information about an elusive ancestor, to finding the
archives staff to be particularly helpful with research, the
<http://forums.archivists.org/t/492016/1390287/1178/0/?u=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5vaGlvaGlzdG9yeS5vcmcvcG9ydGFsL2FyY2hpdmVzbGlicmFyeS1wLmh0bWw%3d&x=a1967a0f>Ohio
Historical Society's Archives/Library wants to hear from the public, in
writing or video.
<http://forums.archivists.org/t/492016/1390287/1179/0/?u=aHR0cDovL29oc3dlYi5vaGlvaGlzdG9yeS5vcmcvZW5ld3MvMTIxMGQuc2h0bWw%3d&x=b86909d9>Learn
more about this activity and also how your institution can create its own
campaign.

And the example by Lisa Long about the man who developed the Blue Star
Mother emblem is very nice. Take a look at it all.
George