[SOA] I Found It In the Archives Contest

Lisa Wood lwood at ohiohistory.org
Fri Jan 20 12:18:34 EST 2012

Have you ever discovered a real treasure in the Ohio Historical
Society's Archives? Tracked down information about an elusive ancestor
or an exciting event in Ohio's history? Found out something amazing that
you would like to share with others? If so, please share your story by
entering the 2012 edition of the I Found It In the Archives! Contest.

The Ohio Historical Society is participating in the Society of American
Archivist's I Found It In the Archives! program. Enter the contest with
the submission of a 400-word essay or 2 minute video describing the
information item found and how it impacted your research. Send your
stories by e-mail to archivescontest at ohiohistory.org
<mailto:archivescontest at ohiohistory.org>  or mail them to: Ohio
Historical Society, ATTN: Lisa Long, 800 E 17th Ave., Columbus, OH,
43211-2474. Entries must be received before midnight January 31, 2012.

After online voting, a winner will be announced on February 29th. The
prize package includes a one-year OHS membership, which includes FREE
admission to OHS sites statewide; a voucher for a free genealogy
workshop at the Ohio History Center in 2012; and a behind the scenes
tour of the society's archives storage area at the Ohio History Center
in Columbus. The winning entry will be submitted to the Society of
American Archivists national competition. For more information about the
contest including entry forms, rules and waivers, please see our
Collections Blog at
http://ohiohistory.wordpress.com/2011/12/05/i-found-it-in-the-archives-2
012/
<http://ohiohistory.wordpress.com/2011/12/05/i-found-it-in-the-archives-
2012/> .

Research Services Department
Ohio Historical Society
NOTE: We are not moving, but we have a New Address
800 E. 17th Ave
Columbus, OH 43211-2474
614-297-2510
reference at ohiohistory.org <mailto:reference at ohiohistory.org>
http://www.ohiohistory.org/research
<http://www.ohiohistory.org/research>
Facebook: Ohio Historical Society
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/columbus-OH/Ohio-Historical-Society/22003
234344?v=wall&ref=ts> .
Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/ohiohistory>  & YouTube
<http://www.youtube.com/user/ohiohistory> : OhioHistory.
Histore-news: ohsweb.ohiohistory.org/enews
<http://ohsweb.ohiohistory.org/enews/>