[SOA] Registration Open: Indiana University SAA student chapter conference

SAA IUB saa.iub at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 08:56:00 EST 2012

* Good morning, *

*

* The Society of American Archivists Student Chapter at Indiana University
Bloomington is hosting its fourth conference for graduate students and
beginning professionals in archives, rare books, and special collections.
The conference is a unique opportunity for students to present on their
research interests and to network with their peers. Will you please forward
the following announcement to your students? *
*

Best regards,

The IU SAA-SC Conference Committee

*

The Indiana University student chapter of the Society of American
Archivists invites you to attend our fourth conference for students and
beginning professionals to be held on Saturday, March 3-Sunday, March 4,
2012 at Herman B Wells Library in Bloomington, Indiana.

The conference will consist of presentations of papers and projects on
topics related to archives, special collections, and rare books by students
and professionals from a variety of institutions. It also will include
tours of Indiana University repositories and museums, and workshops. More
information on tour and workshop options, as well as a tentative schedule,
can be found on our blog: https://saaiu.wordpress.com/category/conference/

To register, fill out the attached registration form and follow the
instructions for mailing. Registration forms also are available at our
blog<http://saaiu.wordpress.com/2012/01/22/registrati%E2%80%8Bon-now-open-conference-for-graduate-students-and-beginning-profession%E2%80%8Bals-march-3-4/>.

 The deadline for registration is *Friday, February 17, 2012*, but remember
that tour and workshop options are limited and assigned on a first come,
first served basis.

We are also pleased to host a Society of American Archivists pre-conference
workshop, Project Management for Archivists, on Friday, March 2, 2012. The
day-long workshop will be taught by Rosemary Pleva Flynn, Librarian and
Manager at the Energy & Environmental Research Center at the University of
North Dakota.

Please direct questions regarding the conference to saa.iub at gmail.com.