[SOA] arrangement/classification of library archives

Lisa Rickey LRickey at daytonmetrolibrary.org
Tue May 22 11:39:18 EDT 2012

Hello, I am interested in hearing about how other public libraries handle their organizational archives (i.e., materials about the library, not special collections or local history), particularly the arrangement or classification system used for filing the materials.

A few years ago, our library's organiational archives was processed as though it were a finite collection, with a published and bound finding aid. This makes it very difficult to add new materials, so I am looking for ideas about how other libraries handle their institutional archives.

Thank you!
Lisa Rickey

Lisa P. Rickey
Archivist & Reference Librarian