[SOA] arrangement/classification of library archives

Emily Lockhart elockha1 at kent.edu
Wed May 30 08:35:37 EDT 2012

Hi Lisa,

I have seen organizational archives from an academic library that were
organized into sub-groups based on library director.  Then series within.
So it would look like this:
Record Group: Library
Sub-group: Library Director 1
Series: Correspondence
Series: Subject Files
Sub-group: Library Director 2
Series: Correspondence
Series: Subject Files

This may not work in all situations, depending on how the organizational
records come to you.  It could help with additions though, because new
records are added on to the end, rather than being interfiled in already
established series.

Emily

Emily Gainer

Special Collections Librarian/Assistant Processing Archivist

Center for the History of Psychology

The University of Akron

73 College Street

Akron, OH 44325-4302