[SOA] Conference announcement: ACLU

ann rowlett amrowlett at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 23 13:09:48 EDT 2012

Hello,

I would like to post the message below to the SOA listserv.

Thank you,

Ann Rowlett, Deputy Director
ACLU of Ohio

________________________________

You are invited to attend the ACLU of Ohio’s statewide conference “Your Voice,
Your Power!” on July 28, 2012.

The conference will feature over a dozen workshops on a wide variety of civil
liberties topics.

These sessions will be of special interest to archivists, librarians and
historians:

	* Four Dead in Ohio, featuring Kent State University archivist Stephen Paschen
and civil rights and criminal defense attorney Niki Schwartz.
	* Digital Library, with panelists Ohio Library Council past president Molly
Carver and investigative journalist Brian Bardwell.
	* Don’t Talk About It, Be About It: How Do We Fight for Equality?led by Mary
Beth Tinker, who was suspended in 1965 as a 13-year-old for wearing a black
armband to protest the Vietnam War. Her battle for students’ free speech rights
led to a victory in the U.S. Supreme Court.
	* All Up in Your Business: Employment Matters, which will explore whether
employers can impose personal behavior restrictions in the workplace.
	* Executive director of the Center for Media and Democracy, Lisa Graves, will
speak during lunch.

I hope you will plan to join us for the conference and attend these workshops.
You can find information and register at www.acluohio.org/conference2012.

If you have questions or need additional details, please feel free to call or
email me at 216/472-2218 or arowlett at acluohio.org.

Sincerely,

Ann Rowlett, MLIS
Deputy Director