[SOA] Register: Nov 17 OhioDIG meeting: Working with Interns and Volunteers

Carleton, Janet carleton at ohio.edu
Tue Nov 1 15:43:48 EDT 2016

Please join the Ohio Digitization Interest Group for our November meeting at OhioNET on Thursday, November 17, 2016.

Register by Monday 11/14, 5pm at https://goo.gl/forms/ctedBsPHte9SFv7g1

- Presentation: Working with Interns and Volunteers

- Speakers:

-          Dawne Dewey, head of Special Collections & Archives, Wright State University Libraries - as supervisor

-          Karen Gracy, associate professor & graduate coordinator for admissions, School of Library and Information Science, Kent State University - as practicum coordinator

-          Danielle Rennick, volunteer coordinator, Ohio History Connection - as lead volunteer coordinator

-          Adam Wanter, Digital & Special Collections archivist, MidPointe Library System - as past practicum student.

- Host: Janet Carleton
- Food: Coffee & snacks will be offered at the start of the meeting. Lunch will be brown bag.
- Cost: There is no fee for attending, but we will be accepting donations for the refreshment kitty.

THURS NOV 17 AGENDA
-              10:00-10:30 coffee social (coffee & cookies);
-              10:30-11:30 presentation and discussion on topic;
-              11:30-11:45 break;
-              11:45-1:00 brown bag lunch: announcements, all-attendee updates, discussion.

Location: OhioNET, 1500 W. Lane Ave, Columbus, 43221-3975
Directions: http://www.ohionet.org/directions
Parking: Free, behind the building

Ohio Digitization Interest Group - http://ohiodig.org/

Sub/unsub from the List at http://ohiodig.org/listserv.html

| Regional Events Calendar: http://ohiodig.org/calendar.html | Meetings: http://ohiodig.org/meetings.html | Resources: http://ohiodig.org/resources.html
| Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OhioDIG/ | Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/ohiodig/ | Twitter:  https://twitter.com/hashtag/ohiodig |

About OhioDIG: The Ohio Digitization Interest Group is an informal discussion group open to those with an interest in digitization in the archives/library/museum/historical society world. We meet every other month, primarily in central Ohio (Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep, Nov).

OHIO University

Janet Carleton | Digital Initiatives Coordinator | University Libraries | 1 Ohio University | Alden 322 | Athens, Ohio | 740.597.2527 | carleton at ohio.edu<mailto:carleton at ohio.edu> | http://media.library.ohiou.edu | http://twitter.com/jcarletonoh | http://twitter.com/AldenLibDigital | http://ohiou-digital-collections.tumblr.com/ | http://pinterest.com/OhioDigiArchive/