[SOA] online digital and preservation classes from LYRASIS

Annie Peterson Annie.Peterson at lyrasis.org
Wed Nov 2 09:05:50 EDT 2016

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D234E8.4E329300]

See our full schedule of classes and register at https://www.lyrasis.org/Pages/events.aspx

New this month!
Many LYRASIS digitization and preservation classes are now pre-certified for Archival Recertification Credits (ARCs). ARCs can be applied to recertification with the Academy of Certified Archivists. Look for the number of ARCs per class in the notes section on the class description page. Find more information about Archival Recertification Credits at http://www.certifiedarchivists.org/members-area/archival-recertification-credits/

Digital Preservation Toolbox - Metadata Manipulation 11/4
https://www.lyrasis.org/Pages/EventDetail.aspx?Eid=0CD1F8C8-9E68-E611-80CF-00155D0A8824

Grant Writing for Digitization and Preservation Projects 11/8 and 11/10
https://www.lyrasis.org/Pages/EventDetail.aspx?Eid=4BECAB61-F448-E611-80CF-00155D0A8824

Practical Digital Preservation on a Shoestring: Triage for the Underfunded 11/8
https://www.lyrasis.org/Pages/EventDetail.aspx?Eid=FE737210-A968-E611-80CF-00155D0A8824

Introduction to Preservation: Collections Management for the 21st Century 11/9
https://www.lyrasis.org/Pages/EventDetail.aspx?Eid=2D10B14A-F548-E611-80CF-00155D0A8824

Introduction to Audiovisual Digitization 11/15
https://www.lyrasis.org/Pages/EventDetail.aspx?Eid=77313394-F348-E611-80CF-00155D0A8824

PBCore: An Introduction to the Public Broadcasting Metadata Dictionary 11/16
https://www.lyrasis.org/Pages/EventDetail.aspx?Eid=71A568F1-B06F-E611-80CF-00155D0A8824

A Baker's Dozen Cyber Secure Tips 11/30 *free session*
https://www.lyrasis.org/Pages/EventDetail.aspx?Eid=C0D7ACDE-D68B-E611-80D3-00155D0A8C44

Outsourcing Newspaper Digitization 12/1
https://www.lyrasis.org/Pages/EventDetail.aspx?Eid=C140B048-954A-E611-80CF-00155D0A8824

Crowdsourcing for Digital Collections 12/2
https://www.lyrasis.org/Pages/EventDetail.aspx?Eid=0CA8DEC1-9D55-E611-80CF-00155D0A8824

Later this winter we'll be offering:

*         Archival Appraisal for the Non-Archivist

*         Creating Online Exhibits

*         Digitization for Small Institutions

*         Caring for Scrapbooks: Preservation and Digitization Today

*         ....and more! Find them at https://www.lyrasis.org/Pages/events.aspx

Please contact me if you have any questions about our classes.

Annie

Annie Peterson
Preservation Services Librarian
annie.peterson at lyrasis.org<mailto:annie.peterson at lyrasis.org>