[SOA] Digital preservation @ Ohio institutions

Nicholas A Pavlik npavlik at bgsu.edu
Tue Oct 17 09:05:27 EDT 2017

**Apologies for cross-postings**

Hello Colleagues,

The Digital Preservation subcommittee at BGSU University Libraries is currently drafting a digital preservation program proposal, and as part of our research, we would like to learn more about how other Ohio institutions are implementing digital preservation.  If you'd be willing to share information on the structure and governance of your digital preservation program, as well as what tools/systems you are using in connection with digital preservation, I'd really appreciate it!  Please feel free to email me directly.

An additional item we have been discussing is exploring the possibility of entering into a consortium with other Ohio institutions to help build a local community of practice around digital preservation and mitigate costs associated with it, and to lower barriers that might be preventing institutions (including us!) from establishing formal digital preservation programs.  I'd also be happy to hear from anyone who might be interested in discussing this possibility further!

Thanks very much,
Nick

Nicholas A. Pavlik
Curator of Manuscripts
Coordinator of Strategic Digital Partnerships
Center for Archival Collections
Jerome Library, 5th Floor
[cid:6EA987A0-EEAB-4996-9EB9-879BF9EAFCE1]
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH  43403-0170
419-372-7914
npavlik at bgsu.edu<mailto:npavlik at bgsu.edu>