[SOA] Transcription Tool Now Available!

Kristen Newby KNewby at ohiohistory.org
Thu Feb 1 10:45:24 EST 2018

Hello Everyone,

The Ohio History Connection (OHC) Digital Services staff are pleased to announce further progress on "Little Stories of the Great War: Ohioans in World War I," a grant funded by the National Endowment for the Humanities. The public can now interact directly with historical materials shared online by helping transcribe handwritten letters, diaries and more at transcribe.ohiohistory.org! Transcribed text is added to the digital item's record on Ohio Memory, making the content easier to discover and use. By contributing time to transcribe these documents, users are helping to uncover and share the important experiences of Ohioans during the Great War. The code for the transcription tool will be made freely available through an open source license.

New digitized and educational content from OHC and project partner organizations is regularly being added to the digital collection, available at http://www.ohiomemory.org/cdm/wwi. We encourage you to visit explore these resources, and stay tuned for more on the progress of "Little Stories of the Great War"! Questions about the project? Please contact project staff at ohiomemory at ohiohistory.org<mailto:ohiomemory at ohiohistory.org>.

Kristen Newby|Project Coordinator
Ohio History Connection|800 East 17th Ave., Columbus, OH 43211-2474
p. 614.297.2581|knewby at ohiohistory.org<mailto:614.297.2581%7Cknewby at ohiohistory.org>
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

[ohio history facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/ohiohistoricalsociety> [ohio history twitter] <https://twitter.com/ohiohistory>
The Ohio History Connection's mission<https://www.ohiohistory.org/about-us> is to spark discovery of Ohio's stories. Embrace the present, share the past and transform the future.