[OPLINLIST] Book of Chessmen Patterns

Pam Benjamin Pam.Benjamin@cpl.org
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:38:07 -0400

Nancy,

Regarding your request for a book of chessmen patterns -

We have a book in our John G. White Special Collection Department entitled
"Designing Chess Sets For the Zen of It" by Zelazny, Gene.  It is, of course, a non-circulating item but the description states that, "This book is written for all the six-year-old children in the universe: those who will be six, those who are six, those who would like to be six again."

Perhaps your patron, if not too far away, could make a roadtrip to Cleveland.  I would first recommend he/she call them to confirm that it contains woodworking designs.  Their number is 216-623-2818 or email special.collections@cpl.org.

I hope this is of assistance.

Pam Benjamin
Assistant Head, General Reference
Cleveland Public Library