[OPLINLIST] Business conducted on OPLIN computers

Mann, James H. JMann@mailserv.gcpl.lib.oh.us
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 12:02:17 -0400

We block chat, and as an extension of chat have blocked games. The
problem is that Yahoo and MSN games are pretty much chat and we had the
issue of some young girls being hit on in a game room. As usual, we
don't get all of them but we do get a lot.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Martha Lee [mailto:leem1@oplin.org]=20
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2003 11:58 AM
To: oplinlist@oplin.org
Subject: Re: [OPLINLIST] Business conducted on OPLIN computers

Someone just told me the "personal gain" thing on OPLIN policies just
applies to staff and trustees.   Someone else asked if the problem is
really
not enough terminals.  Generally we don't turn people away, except after
school when the kids play games.  Speaking of which, I just had another
patron complain at the desk he thinks it is a waste of taxpayer money to
allow people to play games on public terminals.  He refused to be seated
next to someone (both are adults, by the way) who was playing.  Since I
have
four empty terminals right now, I accomodated him.  What's a librarian
do?  Sometimes I feel like I'm home refereeing the kids.
    But the business thing - what is your policy?

       Martha Lee
       Bluffton Public Library

----- Original Message -----=20