[OPLINLIST] Reminder! Public Relations in Times of Crisis and Stress

GCLC gclc@gclc-lib.org
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:52:16 -0500

--------------090803020905090004090909

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.

*

*_Public Relations in Times of Crisis and Stress_ *

Monday, November 10th, 2003
2:00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M.
GCLC Office (Directions to GCLC
<http://www.gclc-lib.org/about/directions.html>)

There is nothing like a crisis to expose weakness in our public
relations planning. Whether it be a natural disaster, internal
embarrassment, or unhappy accident, libraries often find it difficult to
"manage the message" in times of stress. This seminar presented by
Michael McCoy, Executive Director of GCLC, will explore approaches to
pre-planning as well as principles to guide public relations in times of
crisis or stress. Participants are encouraged to bring their own
experiences to bear in a shared effort to uncover the best practices.

*Member Cost:* $10
*Non-Member Cost:* $20

--------------090803020905090004090909

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
<b>This announcement has been posted to several lists. &nbsp;Our
apologies for any duplication.<br>
</b>
2:00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M.<br>
GCLC Office (<a href="http://www.gclc-lib.org/about/directions.html">Directions
to GCLC</a>)</p>
There
is nothing like a crisis to expose weakness in our public relations
planning. Whether it be a natural disaster, internal embarrassment, or
unhappy accident, libraries often find it difficult to &#8220;manage the
message&#8221; in times of stress. This seminar presented by Michael McCoy,