[OPLINLIST] Mystery Loving Librarians

Doris Ann Norris DorisAnn@woh.rr.com
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:45:49 -0400

There are some people, and very good people, who are starting a Sisters
in Crime chapter in Ohio.  We had a preliminary meeting a week ago and
elected Judy Clemens (who lives in Ottawa, OH and has had her first book
published this month--TILL THE COWS COME HOME from Poisoned Pen Press.
ISBN 1590580826 , $24.95...and it's very good) as president.

No if any of you are interested in supporting women mystery writers, and
we have a lot of brothers in crime as well, think about coming to our
second meeting.

It will be held at Bookends at 768 N. Main Street in Lima, Ohio at 6:00
P.M.  We will all chip in for pizza.  This is a very easy location to
find, not far off I75. My Map Quest directions were perfect.  Also if
you have rabid mystery fans, you might tell them about it.

After the meeting, Rhys Bowen (the Evan Evans and Molly Murphy series),
Lyn Hamilton, author of an archeological mystery series, Don Bruns, one
of the co-owners of Bookends and another Ohio mystery author (JAMAICA
BLUE and BARBADOS HEAT) and the aforementioned Judy Clemens will be
signing books and answering questions.

If you are interested in Sisters in Crime, let me know and I will give
you details.  We are planning on moving meetings to various
locations...beginning in northwest Ohio.

Also hope to see some of you at ALA in Orlando where I again will be at
the Sisters in Crime/Mystery Writers of America booth.

Doris Ann, the 2000 year old librarian who finds this retirement stuff
very tiring.