[OPLINLIST] Weblogs for Librarians -- Moderated Discussion - May 24

GCLC gclc@gclc-lib.org
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 21:15:27 -0400

--------------070806080907070803010900

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.
*

    Weblogs for Librarians -- Moderated Discussion

http://www.gclc-lib.org/ce/viewevent.php?id=539

Tuesday, May 24th, 2005

      Time:

2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.

      Location:

GCLC Office

      Speaker:

Moderator:
Glen Horton
Technology Coordinator
Greater Cincinnati Library Consortium

Weblogs (blogs) have become hugely popular as a source of information,
creative outlet, and even humor. They can also provide great
opportunities for social networking. Many blogs are targeted at
libraries and librarians and more are springing up all the time.

What blogs do you frequent and find useful? How can we keep tabs on
them? Can a blog be used internally by a library's staff?

Come share your thoughts and recommendations and hear what your peers
have to say. Computers will be available for those who want to
demo/showcase a site.

      Meal:

No meal is provided with this event.

      Member:

Free, registration required

      Friend of GCLC:

Free, registration required

      Non-Member:

$10.00

Registration is limited to 20 participants

The deadline to register is Friday, May 20th, 2005

--------------070806080907070803010900

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
<title></title>
<title></title>
<title></title>
<b>This announcement has been posted to several lists. &nbsp;Our
apologies for any duplication.<br>
****************************************************************************<br>
</b>
<h2><font color="#006666">Weblogs for Librarians -- Moderated Discussion</font></h2>
<h3>Date:</h3>
<h3>Time:</h3>
<h3>Location:</h3>
<h3>Speaker:</h3>
Glen Horton
Technology Coordinator
Greater Cincinnati Library Consortium</p>
<h3>Description:</h3>
information, creative outlet, and even humor. They can also provide
great opportunities for social networking. Many blogs are targeted at
libraries and librarians and more are springing up all the time. <br>
What blogs do you frequent and find useful? How can we keep tabs on
them? Can a blog be used internally by a library's staff?
Come share your thoughts and recommendations and hear what your peers
have to say. Computers will be available for those who want to
demo/showcase a site.</p>
<h3>Meal:</h3>
<h3>Member:</h3>
<h3>Friend of GCLC:</h3>