[OPLINLIST] Coming Up Taller Award

Ruth Metcalf RMETCALF at sloma.state.oh.us
Fri Dec 9 09:58:24 EST 2005

To Ohio's Children's Librarians:

I thought you might be interested in the following announcement about
the NEH COMING UP TALLER Award program.

Sincerely,

Ruth Metcalf

Library Consultant

State Library of Ohio

614-644-6910

rmetcalf at sloma.state.oh.us

Dear Colleague,

The President's Committee on the Arts and the Humanities, in partnership
with the Institute of Museum and Library Services, the National
Endowment for the Arts, and the National Endowment for the Humanities,
invites you to nominate outstanding arts and humanities youth programs
in your community for a 2006 Coming Up Taller award.  Each year Coming
Up Taller awards recognize and reward excellence in after-school and
out-of-school arts and humanities programs for underserved children and
youth. Award recipients receive $10,000 each, an individualized plaque,
and an invitation to attend the annual Coming Up Taller Leadership
Enhancement Conference.

We encourage programs initiated by libraries, museums, community service
organizations, schools, universities, colleges, businesses, arts
centers, performing arts organizations, and eligible government entities
to participate. If your organization, or a program that your
organization manages, meets the criteria for a Coming Up Taller award,
we welcome your nomination.  If you know of other organizations and
programs you believe warrant consideration, we would be grateful if you
would share this letter and nomination form with them.

The postmark deadline for nominations is January 30, 2006.  For
guidelines and nomination application, visit
http://www.cominguptaller.org <http://www.cominguptaller.org/> . If you
have questions, please don't hesitate to contact the Presidents
Committee on the Arts and Humanities at 202-682-5409.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mary L. Chute, Acting Director, Institute of Museum and Library
Services//Henry Moran, Executive Director, President's Committee on the
Arts and Humanities//Dana Goia, National Endowment for the Arts//Bruce
Cole, National Endowment for the Humanities

Eileen Maxwell

Public Affairs Officer

Institute of Museum and Library Services 1800 M Street, NW 9th Floor
Washington, DC  20036-5802

202-653-4632

202-653-4600(fax)

emaxwell at imls.gov

Subscribe to Primary Source, the IMLS monthly e-mail newsletter, for
important museum and library news:

http://www.imls.gov/utility/subscribe.htm.