[OPLINLIST] Definition of an SEO Library

Chris Tucker tuckerch@oplin.org
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:47:26 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0037_01C4FA2E.D1667950

In the past couple weeks we have discovered that there is confusion =
about which libraries are SEO libraries and which ones are not, but use =
the SEO database for interlibrary loan.  I hope the definitions below =
will clarify the issue:

SEO Library - a library system that belongs to the SEO Automation =
Consortium.  They pay a substantial annual fee for the SEO staff to =
manage their automation system.  They share resources with each other =
and do not bill each other for lost items.

Non-SEO Library - a library system that does not belong to the SEO =
Automation Consortium and does not pay an annual fee for automation =
services.  These libraries may use the resources of the SEO database for =
interlibrary loan.  The SEO library may choose to bill the non-SEO =
libraries for lost items.

For a complete list of SEO libraries, please go to the SEO website at =
seoweb.seo.lib.oh.us and click on "Participating Libraries."

Chris Tucker, SEO Director

------=_NextPart_000_0037_01C4FA2E.D1667950

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>In the past couple weeks we have =
discovered that=20
there is confusion about which libraries are SEO libraries and which =
ones are=20
not, but use the SEO database for interlibrary loan.&nbsp; I hope the=20
definitions below will clarify the issue:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>SEO Library - a library system that =
belongs to the=20
SEO Automation Consortium.&nbsp; They pay a substantial annual fee for =
the SEO=20
staff to manage their automation system.&nbsp; They share resources with =
each=20
other and do not bill each other for lost items.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Non-SEO Library - a library system that =
does not=20
belong to the SEO Automation Consortium and does not pay an annual fee =
for=20
automation services.&nbsp; These libraries may use the resources of the =
SEO=20
database for interlibrary loan.&nbsp; The SEO library may choose =
to&nbsp;bill=20
the non-SEO libraries for lost items.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>For a complete list of SEO libraries,=20
please&nbsp;go to the SEO website at seoweb.seo.lib.oh.us and click on=20
"Participating Libraries."</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Chris Tucker, SEO Director</FONT></DIV>

------=_NextPart_000_0037_01C4FA2E.D1667950--